[TowerTalk] RG-304 for CMC ?

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Apr 24 12:35:42 EDT 2016

Does anybody know anything about  RG-304 ?    Its  aprx  .271 OD.... and has teflon  + silver braids /center conductor.
Im having a helluva time trying to find out what gauge the center conductor is.  Does anybody know ?
I think  304  is  sorta the teflon version of  RG-8X, and aprx the same  OD.

If you can wind RG-58  and  also possibly  RG-8X  onto a stack of torroids, then there should be no issue using RG-304.

IF  304  has a bigger center conductor than  303 /400 coax, then it might be an excellent candidate for applications
where a high powered CMC is required.     RG-393 is .392 OD.... slightly less than the .405  found on 213-U.

I’m looking for a possible alternative to 393,  but cant find any V rating,  power ratings  or attenuation charts for 1-54 mhz...for  304 coax.

I have also looked at some of the plenum rated small coax, but the price is sky high...and difficult to locate in small  qty.

Jim   VE7RF