[TowerTalk] Looking for a Short Rotatable Dipole or...

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Thu Apr 28 10:00:52 EDT 2016

Looking at DX Engineering's "Hot Rodz" capacity hats and Hustler mobile
coils, it would seem that one could design a rotatable dipole of any
arbitrary length by selecting the appropriate capacity hat and coil.

Obviously, one would need access to the tools to create an adapter to
attach the loading coils to the ends of the dipole elements.  However,
an aluminum dipole of roughly 30' (starting  1.5" diameter and tapering
to 1") with end loading should be reasonable.  A 36 to 40 foot dipole
would not be out of the question.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV