[TowerTalk] Looking for a Short Rotatable Dipole or...

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Apr 28 13:09:44 EDT 2016

On Wed,4/27/2016 11:31 AM, Eric Rosenberg wrote:
> I''m looking for a 40m rotatable dipole (preferably a F12 EF-140S) to add to the C3-SS on my roof.

Eric,

How about a vertical on your roof with radials? Both could be wire. The
vertical wire could be mounted to a fiberglass mast like this.
http://www.qsl.net/dk9sq/ Or do telescoping Al tubing and guy it at the
top.

The radials don't need to be perfectly at right angles, and you don't
necessarily need four -- three would work pretty well. Mounting it on
the roof greatly reduces ground losses and improves the vertical
radiation pattern. See my modeling study of this that ran in NCJ last year.

http://k9yc.com/AntennaPlanning.pdf

73, Jim K9YC