[TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sat Aug 6 13:25:44 EDT 2016

On Sat,8/6/2016 5:51 AM, TexasRF--- via TowerTalk wrote:
> You guys are splitting hairs over semantics here. Both of you know that
> either method of measuring coax loss is valid.

Not really -- this thread is specifically about loss in the range of 2-4
MHz, which is quite small. You've got to measure a very long sample of
coax the size of RG8 to any precision at these frequencies. I know
because I tried it -- that was my method with HP instrumentation that's
has an order of magnitude better precision than a pair of good wattmeters.

73, Jim K9YC