[TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?

Kevin kstover at ac0h.net
Sun Aug 7 15:21:04 EDT 2016

So were all talking about the same stuff.

Manufacturer's Part Number: /DXE-213U-1000/
Coaxial Cable Type: RG-213/U
Coaxial Cable Jacket Outside Diameter: 0.405 in.
Coaxial Cable Jacket Material: PVC, Non-contaminating, Type II-A
Center Conductor Gauge: 12.5 AWG
Center Conductor Material: Bare copper
Center Conductor Construction: 7 strand - 0.0296 in.
Dielectric Material: Solid polyethylene
Dielectric Outside Diameter: 0.285 in.
Shield 1 Construction: Braided
Shield 1 Material: Bare copper
Shield 1 Percent Coverage: 96-97
Loss Per 100 ft. at 30 MHz: 1.0 dB
Velocity Factor Percentage: 66
Coaxial Cable Length: 1,000 ft.
Assembled: No
UV-Resistant: Yes
Direct Bury: Yes

DXE Part Number: *DXE-11U*
Coaxial Cable Type: RG-11/U
Coaxial Cable Jacket Outside Diameter: 0.405 in.
Coaxial Cable Jacket Material: PE, Type III
Center Conductor Gauge: 14 AWG
Center Conductor Material: Bare copper
Center Conductor Construction: Solid
Dielectric Material: Gas injected foam polyethylene
Dielectric Outside Diameter: 0.280 in.
Shield 1 Construction: Braided
Shield 1 Material: Bare copper
Shield 1 Percent Coverage: 97
Loss Per 100 ft. at 30 MHz: 0.7 dB
Velocity Factor Percentage: 84
Assembled: No
UV-Resistant: Yes
Direct Bury: Yes

//*C*oaxial Cable Type: RG-6/U
Cable Connector End 1: Type F, male
Cable Connector End 2: Type F, male
Coaxial Cable Jacket Outside Diameter: 0.300 in.
Coaxial Cable Jacket Material: PVC, Non-contaminating, Type II-A
Center Conductor Gauge: 18 AWG
Center Conductor Material: Copper-clad steel
Center Conductor Construction: Solid
Dielectric Material: Gas injected foam polyethylene
Dielectric Outside Diameter: 0.178 in.
Shield 1 Construction: Aluminum bonded polyester tape plus aluminum braid
Shield 1 Material: Aluminum foil/aluminum braid
Shield 1 Percent Coverage: 100
Shield 2 Construction: Aluminum bonded mylar tape plus aluminum braid
Shield 2 Material: Aluminum foil/aluminum braid
Shield 2 Percent Coverage: 100
Loss Per 100 ft. at 30 MHz: 1.1 dB
Velocity Factor Percentage: 83
UV-Resistant: Yes
Direct Bury: Yes

This what gets installed by Mediacom cable and the only one of the four
with a foil second shield. Comscope sells a gazillion miles of this
stiff. Because of the smaller diameter, .300 inches compared to 4.05 I
don't see how this could be mistaken for RG11U.

DXE Part Number: *DXE-8U-1000*
Coaxial Cable Type: RG-8/U
Coaxial Cable Jacket Outside Diameter: 0.405 in.
Coaxial Cable Jacket Material: PVC, Type I
Center Conductor Gauge: 11 AWG
Center Conductor Material: Bare copper
Center Conductor Construction: 7 strands of 21 AWG
Dielectric Material: Gas injected foam polyethylene
Dielectric Outside Diameter: 0.285 in.
Shield 1 Construction: Braided
Shield 1 Material: Bare copper
Shield 1 Percent Coverage: 95-97