[TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 7 16:10:48 EDT 2016

Yes, these listings show the most significant specs.  Especially useful
is the attenuation at 30 MHz. But what's lacking is data a 2 MHz for
that RG6-like cable with the steel center and Al shield. That loss
doesn't matter for RX antennas, but it CAN matter for TX antennas.

What can also matter is the shield resistance, which is the lower limit
of the transfer impedance, which is a measure of shielding
effectiveness.  Transfer impedance is the ratio of differential voltage
inside the cable to common mode current on shield. The lower the
transfer impedance, the better the shielding.

73, Jim K9YC