[TowerTalk] Coax Losses on 160 and 75?

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sun Aug 7 18:26:49 EDT 2016

Unless it's 1/2" or 3/4" Al hard line.   It's very easy to use brass
compression fittings with a little Noalox to make adapters to UHF fittings.

I believe I have both N-type and UHF, crimp fittings to fit the smaller
cables (RG6, etc) that fit the same cables that Snap'N Seal connectors
fit, but they don't require different connectors for quad shield. The
difficult part about using those connectors is the Al braid over foil is
very fragile

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 8/7/2016 Sunday 3:01 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

> Another limitation of CATV coax is that only CATV crimp connectors
> work, and the only ones that are widely available to fit it are
> F-connectors or BNCs. I find the Snap'N Seal branded connectors to be
> quite good, but they 1) must physically match the cable dimensions; 2)
> stripping and crimp tools that match the coax must be used for a good
> connection; and 3) F-connectors require adapters to connect to our
> antennas, and most F-connector adapters I've seen are of highly
> questionable quality.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

---