[TowerTalk] Stacking question

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Aug 9 10:03:31 EDT 2016

I have no HFTA experience however after looking at the stacking distances
from people that have used it I would not recommend it. It puts the beams
way too close together in my opinion.

John KK9A

To:	"towertalk" <towertalk at contesting.com>
Subject:	Re: [TowerTalk] Stacking question
From:	"StellarCAT" <rxdesign at ssvecnet.com>
Date:	Tue, 9 Aug 2016 08:00:21 -0400

Also I'd suggest that you use HFTA with your terrain to see what is best
for you. You might find that what is nominally high for others is far too
high for you! I've stuck with the M2 recommendations - and have in
modeling confirmed they work well. That is 60' on 20 and 45' on 15. The
former at 134' top height and the latter at 90'. I will have BOP available
as HFTA does show the three best configurations are: BIP, bottom, BOP. The
top is for all practical purposes never better than BIP ... on 20 the BOP
probably isn't going to be used much - possibly in SS when the propagation
is short... but on 15 and definitely 10 it should make a difference
occasionally.

Gary
K9RX