[TowerTalk] Temporary tower installation

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Aug 16 14:27:28 EDT 2016

Several years ago, K7JA gave a very useful talk at Pacificon or Visalia
about various ideas for Field Day. One was to use the modular Army
surplus 4-ft tubular mast sections with a tripod adapter to build a
support for small antennas. W6GJB and I bought a bunch of these sections
and adapters and use them for Field Day, CQP county expeditions, and
most recently for a 7QP county expedition.  Pictures are worth more than
a thousand words, so see pictures in this link. k9yc.com/7QP.pdf  We
found sources for the hardware wandering around the Dayton flea market.
We use one of these setups to rig a C3SS at 25-30 ft. The C3SS is a
great, light weight, compact tri-bander, probably a bit lighter than an
A3S.

73, Jim K9YC