[TowerTalk] good,bad,ugly opinions on coax in or out

w5jmw at towerfarm.net w5jmw at towerfarm.net
Sat Aug 20 19:05:23 EDT 2016

I had a lightning hit.Not bad but somewhat costly.A rcs-8,cde rotor box
and a cushcraft ar270b.Seems to have hit the vertical as all coils are
gone incliding the base matching.The tower is down for repair.At this
point I am bringing the coax down the tower.The switch had been at the
top with one feedline.The feedline was run outside the tower with coax
stad-off.rotor and ctrl lines inside the tower.So my question to the
group.It is better,or worse for the coax to run inside or outside..73
and in advance,Thanks to all...john W5JMW