[TowerTalk] good,bad,ugly opinions on coax in or out

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sun Aug 21 00:17:37 EDT 2016

It seems logical to me that coax inside the tower is less susceptible to
RF noise pickup as well as somewhat protected in a strike by the tower
as a Faraday shield.  What is most important is the coax bonding at the
top and as close to the bottom as possible. Inside is probably very hard
to do well on a crank up, easy on a guyed or freestanding tower.  The
cell tower accessories for coax and cable supports mounted inside a leg
are cheap and also keep the face a bit more clear for climbing but won't
work on a crank up (maybe somebody has figured out how).

Grant KZ1W