[TowerTalk] KF7P Metalwerks newletter

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Fri Aug 26 17:54:56 EDT 2016

I just packed damp sand (not wet) around the ceramic before pouring the
charge in.
Worked just fine for over 30 of them.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/ground.htm
Some say not to use the water drill, but drive the ground rods in.
After a few weeks, or rains, the rods are as solid as if they had been
driven in. (In our soil)

The one shot installation photos are farther down the page.

73

Roger (K8RI)

On 8/26/2016 Friday 5:39 PM, Gene Smar wrote:
> TT:
>
>       I used Erico Cadweld On-Shots for my tower project in 2001.  Like in the video, I had to use electrician's putty to seal the holes around the crucible.  Cadweld instructions did not include this step and I wasted my first shot when the molten material leaked out of all holes.  I like the way the two powders are separated in the Harger product.
>
> 73 de
> Gene Smar  AD3F

---