[TowerTalk] OCF Windom

Mark Lunday wd4elg at triad.rr.com
Sun Aug 28 15:12:18 EDT 2016

Tom

My Elmer taught me that there is some confusion on these.

There are actually two types of antennas: the OCF antenna (sometimes called
the OCF dipole) and the Windom.

The OCF antenna is normally fed with coax, and should NOT have current long
the feedline (many antennas have current chokes to prevent the common mode
current that occurs with these types of antennas).

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
Greensboro, NC  FM06be
wd4elg at arrl.net
http://wd4elg.blogspot.com