[TowerTalk] 6 mtr quad

Bob Matthews kt3rr at verizon.net
Mon Aug 29 20:54:46 EDT 2016

I found a website that had plans for a 9 element yagi.
ZS2FM 50Mhz Antenna And Preamp

|   |
| ZS2FM 50Mhz Antenna And Preamp50Mhz HIGH GAIN ANTENNA AND MASTHEAD PREAMPLIFIER BY MIKE BOSCH ZS2FM *** First published in Radio ZS, April/May 1985 ***  |
|  |
| View on www.qsl.net | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

I don't believe that building a very large, more than 4 element quad would be beneficial to you.I have found that quads usually perform better than yagis with the first 4 element s are concerned. Anything larger than that, stick with a yagi. a quad does well at lower heights usually as compared to a yagi at the same lower elevations. But with 6 meters there shouldn't be any reason not to be able to get it up over 1 wavelength if not more.The yagi will give you less trouble and maintenance.I'm sure there are other plans out there, the above is just what came up on my first search.
Bob