[TowerTalk] Questions

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Aug 31 01:04:59 EDT 2016

On Tue,8/30/2016 9:43 PM, Gary Smith wrote:
> One difficult thing for me is I am to a fair degree handicapped. I
> can walk around but can't really carry anything heavy on uneven
> ground. Since I have to do this all myself,

Hi Gary,

If you have ham neighbors, by all means ask for help. That's been in our
tradition for as long as I've been in ham radio. When I was 14, local
hams taught me CW and radio and electronics fundamentals; by the time I
was 15 I had a license, and Andy, W8IEQ, gave me a transmitter. I have
an awfully nice antenna farm here, but I couldn't have done much without
a LOT of help from other hams. I'm a member of NCCC, a great contesting
club, and we're always helping each other out.

73, Jim K9YC