[TowerTalk] Screened walls and floors

Ron Young youngron at verizon.net
Mon Dec 5 14:57:03 EST 2016

Chris,
A true screen room must have all cables in and out, including power, grounded to the screen and filtered if not coax. A screen room is needed for working on sensitive equipment when it is unshielded (covers removed). If your ham shack is using good coax, shielded switches, shielded antenna tuners, well designed rigs, etc, about the only way for interference (RFI) to get into your receiver is via the antenna.

Rather waste money on a copper screen room I would put that money into recommended grounding system/lightning protection, quality coax, RFI sniffing equipment (portable VHF AM receiver with small Yagi at a minimum).
73, Ron W8RJL

Sent from my iPhone