[TowerTalk] Screened walls and floors

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 5 20:08:10 EST 2016

On 12/5/16 1:06 PM, Roger (K8RI) on TT wrote:
> When I was a tech my desk was in a double wall commercial screen room.
> The screen was Copper. The door shut into a frame lined with heavy
> finger stock.  The door latched using a cam.
>
> Commercial screen rooms do use copper screen.

Indeed - http://www.ets-lindgren.com/iDEI-Screen

I wonder, though, what the attenuation of that is vs the solid panels.

Screen - double layer electrically isolated
     Magnetic (14 kHz): 68 dB
     Electric (14kHz): 120 dB
     Planewave 450 MHz: 110 - 120 dB
     Planewave 1 GHz: 90 - 110 dB
     Microwave 10 GHz: 50 - 80 dB

vs a solid (Lindgren type 81) single layer

Magnetic Field

     20 dB @ 1 KHz
     56 dB @ 10 KHz
     100 dB @ 200 KHz

Electric Field    100 dB from 200 KHz
     thru 50 MHz

Plane Wave    100 dB @ 50 MHz to 1 GHz

Microwave     100 dB @ 10 GHz

So it looks like a single layer screen is not as good as a single layer
solid..