[TowerTalk] Which Thrust Bearing to Use

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 9 17:38:15 EST 2016

I was fortunate to have a  12" dia X 10 " tall   Teflon solid ROD   machined to fit the  Rohn AG45 top plate hole 8 inched inserted snugly in the hole with a 2" tall collar.   An 11" in dia. 1/4 thick SS plate with a 8 " tall 2.375 OD 2.065 in SS DOM tube welded over the center hole a  mast stabilizer

 with three 3/8 " SS locking  nuts welded 120 deg. apart.

 This is now on my 15 meter Tower and top beam was on another tower with a 3 element 40 meter beam. a thin film of Mobil 1  WOW

Smooth rotation .

I know this would be big $$$ to reproduce, I was lucky my Father worked at a facility that fabricated and rebuilt  Cryogenics line of liquid helium transport/storage containers

Wayne W3EA