[TowerTalk] Fwd: Fwd: OCF Dipole Questions

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 11:18:59 EST 2016

 I wouldn't think about a transformer at the feed-point. The transformer would be some type of monster with a high impedance AND a high current capacity which spells "heavy". As the feed-point frequently is as a high voltage point there will be common mode current on the feed line. It is "just" a matter of accepting it and, maybe place the floating tuner and the choke close to the antenna.

I can see to put an outdoor tuner on top of the tower and let the OCF dipole start from there. The, now remote controlled" tuner will need some RF isolated control lines as well. I think I will let the radiating feed line be included in the picture.

Hans N2JFS