[TowerTalk] Double Coax Runs to Reduce Loss?

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue Dec 20 11:33:33 EST 2016

Mike,

This member of the "TT community" says that, if you parallel connect the
two lengths - outer to outer, and centre to centre, at each end - you'll
have a 25 Ohm line with _the exact same_ matched loss as one of the
individual lengths.

But if you had a lossless 2:1 transformer at each end and were operating
in a 50 Ohm system, you'd overall have _half_ the loss.

Steve G3TXQ