[TowerTalk] UV and WX deterioration of THHN insulation, and effects at RF.

Stan Stockton wa5rtg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 05:01:04 EST 2016

The big box price for THHN is also about 50% more than for Romex with three wires. Those three are fairly easily separated using a utility knife and some pulling.

Guy's "method" has to be similar to what I have always done which is pull the wire very tight between towers and/or trees and push a knife blade at a shallow angle to the wire.  You can't pull all 250 feet tight at one time.  50 feet or so is easier.  You will soon find the angle that works, and end up with a garbage bag full of insulation and three lengths of 250 feet each of bare copper wire.

Doesn't seem all that long ago when a 250 foot roll of Romex was $20.00 instead of over $100.00.  I guess time flies when you are having fun.

73... Stan, K5GO