[TowerTalk] Copper Wire For Antennas

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Dec 28 15:29:05 EST 2016

On Wed,12/28/2016 11:48 AM, jimlux wrote:
> Of course, then you have to deal with the nightmare that is handling
> CopperWeld in all of its evil want to coil on itself badness.

And when it kinks, it can become quite fragile. A colleague built a fan
dipole for 80 and 40 using stranded copperweld for the 80M element,
soldering loops around PVC spacers to hold them in place. He raised it
about 100 ft in trees, with a weight and pulleys. It stayed in the air
less than a week.

I have always hated copperweld antenna wire.

73, Jim K9YC