[TowerTalk] Condensation

Russ Dearmore champsruss at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 1 09:34:47 EST 2016

John,  You are correct in that few pipes are sealed by anything other than the junction box.  When sealing is called for a foam sealer is usually specified.  The only exception I can think of off-hand is in rigid pipe in explosive locations such as gas stations where a product called Chico is used.  Don't quote me on the name as it's been 30 years since I wired a gas station. Hi  I used the foam sealer in a highly methane location which was an amphitheater built over an old city dump in Mountain View Ca.  Maybe Canada has different code requirements but I seriously doubt it.  Besides, duct seal would make a poor pipe seal.  Russ      K5ZZR     My Heroes Wear Combat Boots!