[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Vertical Antennas near salt-water

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Feb 5 12:48:03 EST 2016

Jim,

EZNEC doesn't agree with your conclusion about azimuthal pattern.

I modeled a 1/4 wl vertical with 100 1/4 wl radials on 180 degrees of
azimuth over average ground, elevated 0.05 wl and the F/B is about 3 db
at 20 degrees.   That's a little less than what 2 radials show as
directivity when elevated at the tide line at the same 20 degrees.

At 5 degrees elevation the infinite salt water 180 degree ground plane
increases the gain over this model.   The difference is 9db. About what
experience validated with real VOB's.

Can you provide alternative modeling results to compare with the EZNEC
4.2 outputs?

Grant KZ1W