[TowerTalk] What to do when you have no height

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Feb 5 20:53:24 EST 2016

On 2/4/2016 5:04 PM, john nistico wrote:
> I live in an area where I can not put much up and I don't always want to run to the contest station. I put a tribander on a roof tripod and a ground mounted Hustler 5 BTV for 40 and 80 but I want more. Any suggestions?
>

> John J. Nistico

Replace the ground mounted vertical with a SteppIR BigIR
mounted on the roof with tuned radials for each band.  Replace the
tribander with a compact SteppIR Yagi.  Depending on the height
of the Yagi, the vertical might be best as high as 20 meters
or even 17 meters.  Don't bother to get a SteppIR Yagi that
covers 40 or 30 meters.  Just 20 and up.

Rick N6RK