[TowerTalk] Military mast and guy-wire tension?

dw bw_dw at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 6 10:41:44 EST 2016

I believe it the case that tower manufactures recommend guy-wire tension
to be 10% of the lines breaking strength?
In that case, assuming that 3/16th line is common for Rohn 25 towers
etc, and has a BS of 3900lbs, then one would set the guy tension to
390lbs?

And there is some concern about tower failure due to downward
compression from over-tightening?

I believe the AB-621 instructions specify 200lbs as the guy line
tension.
I'm wondering if those who have setup the military masts like the AB-621
follow this or some other rule?
I want to make sure I've got guy line tension well established.
Thanks,
Duane
 Bw_dw at fastmail.net