[TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 158, Issue 20

Patrick Greenlee patrick_g at windstream.net
Wed Feb 10 09:56:10 EST 2016

It would be reasonable to assume that you are more likely to have a high
conductivity soil condition inside such a designated area rather than
in  an area mapped as low conductivity but undepicted exceptions could
exist.  Still, if you are going to pan for gold, it is best to pan where
the known gold is rather than depend on an anomaly to fortuitously
present itself for your benefit.

Now regarding Beverage antennas... Please excuse my ignorance (The
cowboy philosopher Will Rogers said, "We are all ignorant, just about
different things") but could someone please give me a little detail on
Beverage antennas being poor performers in areas of higher soil
conductivity? I have the real estate (160 acre 1/2 mile by 1/2 mile
black Angus ranch) and have looked forward to experimenting with
Beverage antennas after a couple tower projects are finished. I am also
interested in shielded magnetic loops and now wonder how or if their
performance is modified by  soil conductivity.  So much to learn, so
little time.

Patrick        NJ5G