[TowerTalk] My first tower section is not plumb...

Kenneth Goodwin krgoodwin at comcast.net
Thu Feb 11 12:31:18 EST 2016

Reminds me when I first installed an 80 foot Rohn SSV tower.  I borrowed my
next door neighbor's very expensive survey transit to plumb the tower.
After numerous observations, I easily reached the conclusion the perfectly
plumb was totally impossible with the variances I observed in sighting from
one 20 foot tower section to next 20 foot section.  It looked like a wet
noodle.  One could consider attempting to make the tower vertical from the
very top to the very bottom but I suspect that would likely be a waste of
time if it looked reasonably vertical and you understand the sine function.
Ken K5RG