[TowerTalk] Cadwelding to Rohn 45G and 55G

Roger (K8RI) on TT K8RI-on-TowerTalk at tm.net
Sat Feb 13 11:14:55 EST 2016

I just use a large, solid "bolt on" terminal for the proper size wire on
each leg and lots of noalox.
As it's stranded #2 I have just splayed (fanned) the 7 strands out to
close parallel  and clamped them to the tower leg with 2 SS hose clamps,
close spaced and lots of noalox.  As far as I can see, the parallel
clamps with the parallel strands  is almost as good as the commercial
ones that use a large copper terminal on a copper band around each leg.
I do position the clamps so it's the solid SS band over the wire.

73 es good luck es don't forget the noalox,

Roger (K8RI)