[TowerTalk] Cadwelding to Rohn 45G and 55G

Kevin Kidd kkbroadcastengineering at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 14:50:28 EST 2016

Nervous would not cover my initial reaction...  After having blown quarter
sized holes in heavy chain link fence posts, I wouldn't even consider it.
Not to mention that you have destroyed the galvanization on both the inside
and outside of the tubing.

There are really good brass/bronze clamps made for the purpose.

See:
http://www.harger.com/products/idx.cfm?subc4id=355&p=1&thid=830&footid=0&footinfoid=0&oiid=919

These come in various sizes and will mate with various sized wire and even
copperstrap.

If you are deadset on doing it, there are instructions on one or the other
of the exothermic bonding supplier sites on bonding to hollow tubing.  It
involves packing the tubing with sand and (I assume) holding your breath.
I have never used the sand pack method.

Good Luck,

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Larry Loen <lwloen at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a little nervous about Cadwelding to the legs.

Kevin C. Kidd, CSRE/AMD
AM Ground Systems Company  -  WD4RAT
kkidd at kkbc.com  --  866-22-RADIO -- 866-227-2346
www.amgroundsystems.com