[TowerTalk] Changing interaction of M2 40M4LLDD on 15

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Feb 17 07:07:10 EST 2016

OptiBeam uses stainless steel wire for the stub. It seems to work, one of
my 40m beams has a 15m beam above and below it and I see no interaction.
The SWR remains constant when rotating it.  When installing the 40m
OptiBeam you have to use caution not to get these wires caught in other
antennas, once installed it should hold up fine. I have modeled the OB2-40
without the stubs and I still see no resonance on 15m, however I am  not
an antenna design guru. I agree that it would be good practice to design a
40m antenna that is not resonant on 15m.

John KK9A

[TowerTalk] Changing interaction of M2 40M4LLDD on 15
from [Jim Thomson]	[Permanent Link][Original]