[TowerTalk] M2 OR-2800 Rotator Problem

Robert Harmon k6uj at pacbell.net
Thu Feb 18 21:08:47 EST 2016

Rikki,

The Orion 2800's are notorious for water ingress thru the top seal.
This is a common issue with these otherwise great rotators.
I bet this is the cause of your problems.
I have completely rebuilt my 2800 and decided to add rain protection
so it will stay dry.  I use Oatey EPDM roof flashings clamped on the
mast above
the 2800 mast clamp.  This prevents the water from getting in to the top
of the
rotator.  I dont remember the Oatey number you need to select one.
Here is an example,  select the size your want.   It works great, no
water getting in through the top seal.

http://www.amazon.com/Oatey-14052-0-25-Inch-4-Inch-Master/dp/B0002YU3LU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455847548&sr=8-1&keywords=oatey+flashing

Bob
K6UJ