[TowerTalk] OT but relevant

Kathy Bookmiller wb2aio at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 12:01:43 EST 2016

Sorry about this but it may affect many of us eventually.
Yesterday I went for a stress test and got some bad results. I have a left bundle block and they want to me to have a pacemaker implanted ASAP.
Obviously this is distressful as I've been in excellent health for my 68 years and now this:(
One of my first thoughts was are pacemakers prone to RFI? I asked the surgeon about this and he said he'd never heard of this before in his practice.
I'm wondering if any of the readers here have had any experience with pacemakers/RFI issues? I know over the years I've seen references to it in an offhand way but didn't pay much attention as it didn't apply to myself at the time.
My beam is only 20-25' directly above me, as can be seen on my qrz page.
Any thoughts/experiences?
Kathy W2NK