[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Radial question

Drax Felton draxfelton at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 18:46:31 EST 2016

I always liked this article where they optimize the length of wire you
have vs. radial count vs. radial length.
http://ncjweb.com/bonus-content/k3lcmaxgainradials.pdf

The radials on my 160 meter vertical are all different lengths to fit
the available space.   I've made 1000's of contacts on it.  I keep
adding new radials over time and some have gotten broken off.
Despite it all it doesn't really seem to make any difference and becomes
a diminishing return.

I see no reason to make yourself crazy trying to do quarter wave plus
5%.  It's going to vary based on soil conditions plus what exactly is a
quarter wave radial?   You'd have to measure the velocity factor radial
wire.  Just lay down as many as your back, wallet, and space allows.

KB3X