[TowerTalk] 80-160 meter cage design dimensions

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Feb 29 21:41:09 EST 2016

On Mon,2/29/2016 6:28 PM, Kevin Adam wrote:
> Looking for cage Design and dimensions for 160m /80 meter can anyone help me with this

It's not critical. I doubled the SWR bandwidth of my 100 ft Tee vertical
by making the vertical section two conductors spaced about 10 inches,
using spacers made by cutting 1/2-in PVC conduit into lengths of about 1
ft. There's nothing magic about a cage. If I wanted more bandwidth, I'd
use three conductors inline, because it's quite easy to do -- just cut
longer spacers and add a wire. I would expect SWR bandwidth to increase
by 10-20% as compared to two conductors.

73, Jim K9YC