[TowerTalk] how does one accomplish a 'stub' for destroying resonance on yagi elements?

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Sat Jan 2 11:43:46 EST 2016

ok – sorry – stub.

Specifically adding something to a 4 element 40 to eliminate 15 meter interaction? I believe Optibeam does this – not sure how they do it. Is this just using the element with a parallel line tuned through a cap for max current on 15? If so any suggestions on how long to make it and where specifically to put it on each element 1/2?

Or is there a way to use a relay, open normally, closed when on 15 that would add some impedance to the antenna causing it to be detuned at 15?

Alternatively I can rotate the antenna 90 degrees but boy it would be so much better not to have to do that to avoid interaction on 15. thanks in advance,

Gary K9RX