[TowerTalk] Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna

Mike Ryan mryan001 at tampabay.rr.com
Sun Jan 3 11:18:16 EST 2016

I see this antenna is advertised as usable without an antenna tuner. I have
seen these used by a couple of guys and ALL needed a tuner. Not sure if the
one in your radio could handle it...hard to say.  But this is the link
posted by one store of the antenna. Looks like the counterpoise beneath it
is connected at both ends to ground rods. At any rate, good luck with it.
-Mike

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamwire/4075.html