[TowerTalk] Barker & Williamson Model AC - 1.8 - 30 Antenna

Mickey Baker fishflorida at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:09:33 EST 2016

Michael,

It's difficult to describe the complete situation in a paragraph or two,
but there are lots of variables in the installation of this type antenna.
Paragraph (3) in the manual:

(3) The antenna ends may be attached various ways (refer to figures 1 - 3).
When mounting off theground, Good ground
rods are recommended at each end. The counterpoise wire should connect to
the ground side of the balun and balancing
network. The antenna may work best with the counterpoise not connected to
the ground side of the balancing network.
Try both to determine best results for your installation. The counterpoise
is essential in poor ground, dry soil, or above
ground installations. Its length is not critical, and it does not have to
run directly under the antenna wire.

I'll bet that if you monkey around with the counterpoise connection, you'll
get closer to what you expect.

Good luck!

73,

Mickey N4MB

Mickey Baker, N4MB
Fort Lauderdale, FL
*“Tell me, and I will listen. Show me, and I will understand. Involve me,
and I will learn.” *Teton Lakota, American Indian Saying.