[TowerTalk] My first introduction to guy-wire dead end grips

Bill Parry bparry at rgv.rr.com
Fri Jan 8 11:53:08 EST 2016

When I put up my 120 feet of Rohn 25 I was a little leery about the grips.
But my tower guy who puts up a lot bigger commercial towers than mine said
that that is all they use and that I shouldn't have another thought. That
was in 2001 and I have had absolutely no problems. He built my tower guyed
it and had it finished in one day. The next morning he put my two yagis on
top. Slickest operation I ever saw.  I know you guys that are into towers
probably see this all the time but, being a neophyte, I was amazed. The set
up has been up for 14 years now and survived a near miss of a hurricane with
winds of 90 mph all night so I guess he did good.

Bill W5VX