[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Re: copper or galvanized ground rods in red SC clay

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jan 10 01:32:30 EST 2016

On Sat,1/9/2016 6:38 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
> OTOH, I think a high DC resistance to "far earth ground" is not a
> property of a good lightning grounding system.

I think if you had the opportunity to measure a lot of ground systems
you might feel differently. In many locations, where the soil is sand,
rock, or within a city, the earth is a big resistor. The National
Electric Code says drive a rod, measure it, if it's higher than 25 Ohms,
add another rod. That's all it says.

I've measured thousands of ohms between 8 ft rods that are only a few
feet apart with a Simpson 260.

73, Jim K9YC