[TowerTalk] Return on investment (golden rules) for antenna installations

dw bw_dw at fastmail.fm
Sun Jan 10 09:27:47 EST 2016

I read an interesting article in eham where EZNEC was used to compare a
specific commercial beam to a dipole.
I guess I was a little surprised at the results.
The article is here.

http://www.eham.net/articles/35421

It goes to the question of whether or not a given antenna solution
represents an improvement significant enough to warrant investment.
I wonder how others formulate return on investment considerations.
Perhaps years of experience, and some "been-there-done-that", have
allowed you to develop some golden-rules about antennas?

 Bw_dw at fastmail.net