[TowerTalk] tower identification - rotator plate - more data and pics

Chris Howard w0ep w0ep at w0ep.us
Sun Jan 10 16:32:06 EST 2016

I regret to say that my description was not 100% accurate.
The tower legs and bracing are _not_ made of angle elements.

I went out to the site today and took some pictures.

The tower consists of 5 sections, presumably 20 ft each.
It is freestanding.  And the top section is of a small
diameter solid rod (as I have seen up close), about 1/2"
in diameter.  The legs of that section are 14" apart.

On the bottom two sections the legs are circular with welded on
tabs for the cross bracing.  The bracing is bolted
to the tabs but the braces are circular and may
well be solid rod.  I don't know if the bottom legs
are solid or hollow.

On the upper five sections the cross bracing is welded
to the legs.

I am posting some pictures of the overall tower
and of the top.  One is a "selfie" giving some
scale of the elements of the top section.

http://w0ep.us/locoarc_tower