[TowerTalk] Heavy duty free-standing tower options?

Jim Thomson jim.thom at telus.net
Tue Jan 12 11:37:08 EST 2016

Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 23:23:38 -0700
From: David Gilbert <xdavid at cis-broadband.com>
To: towertalk at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy duty free-standing tower options?

I have an HD-70 and wouldn't buy anything else, given the wind gusts I
get here on this hillside.  The Trylon towers are a good value
(performance versus cost), but they aren't are strong as the AN Wireless
products.  The AN Wireless web  site used to have a pdf file from a
structural engineer comparing the two, and although the comparison was
funded by AN Wireless it's pretty hard to dispute the data.  I don't
know if the file is still there, but I have a copy if you want it.

And yes, the almost 20m cubic yards of concrete that went into my tower
base may be overkill, but I've been at the top of the tower in 60+ mph
wind gusts with two Optibeam antennas on it and barely felt it move ...
and I would know because I'm fundamentally acrophobic. The cost of
whatever extra concrete there may have been was a small portion of the
total cost (tower plus rotator plus antennas plus shipping) anyway.

73,
Dave   AB7E

## The trylon  super titan series of towers are every bit as strong as the an wireless.
And both the super titan and an wireless are way stronger than the plane jane trylon
titan tower.   Any analysis of  an an wireless and the light duty titan is misleading at best,
its an apples to oranges comparison.    U can now also buy the welded version of the super titan.
They also make a super max version of the  super titan..in 19 ft sections..and up to 250 ft tall.

##  The 70 ft trylon super titan will handle loads of wind...plus 1 inch of ice.  Both are good towers.

Jim    VE7RF