[TowerTalk] Fwd: Return on investment (golden rules) for antenna installations

Hans Hammarquist hanslg at aol.com
Tue Jan 12 12:54:16 EST 2016

I wonder, I believe there are many other solutions to give "maximum gain" and "louder signals" than yagi antennae if it is only the gain that counts. I was,early in my time at this hobby that the more gain you got the better. I built more than one type of "high gain" antenna configurations without getting even close to the "big guys". Isn't it just as important that you can hear the other guys out there through all the QRM and QRN that is out there. I have found that a lousy yagi or quad with a reasonable F/B ratio is better than a better gain antenna.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Hans -N2JFS