[TowerTalk] Grounds, 'remote' towers, 'house' power system

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Jan 13 17:49:42 EST 2016

On Wed,1/13/2016 2:35 PM, N3AE wrote:
> The NEC is focused on electrical safety and not necessarily the most effective system for lightning protection.

This is NOT true. The bonding required between your tower and power
system sub-panel is for LIGHTNING protection.

In general, proper bonding is critical for lightning protection,
electrical safety, fire safety, and to minimize hum, buzz, and RFI.
Proper bonding is described in

http://k9yc.com/GroundingAndAudio.pdf

I'm not going to repeat it here for those too lazy to study it.

BTW -- I TAUGHT courses on Power and Grounding for about ten years.

73, Jim K9YC