[TowerTalk] ground rods and angle...

StellarCAT rxdesign at ssvecnet.com
Sun Jan 17 11:01:45 EST 2016

Just curious if any research has been done on angling ground rods... sharp bends in the grounding system are no-no’s as we all know... and taking that right angle at the top of the rod is just that. I was thinking if I angled the rod at 45 degrees I’d both increase the area of the ‘coverage’ (out further away from the towers – UFER) as well as reduce the angle between the cable and the rod... I know some have said longer rods work better (in most cases/grounds) ... but is that because of the depth or just the area covered? If the former than angling might not be such a good idea ... if the latter than it wouldn’t matter and it would help to achieve the two above mentioned goals.

thoughts?

Gary
K9RX