[TowerTalk] [Bulk] Re: ground rods and angle...

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 19 14:06:35 EST 2016

On 1/19/16 8:22 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
> There is also the conductive material from Erico for pouring around
> conductors  https://www.erico.com/category.asp?category=R2387
> Interesting videos.
> Fillers of something carbon increase the conductivity.  I think others
> may supply fillers for adding to your concrete but I haven't found
> sources/references.

yeah, that's the bentonite/cement mix, I think.

It looks pretty interesting, for those wanting a "better" ground, but
not interested in the full on UFER.   According to the literature on
their site, you can either do it as a slurry (like the videos) or just
dry, and let soil moisture do it's work.

I don't know if it's dark because of the material (bentonite that I've
seen is very light tan color.. cat litter color, without the colored
pieces).

Maybe they also add fly ash or carbon to it?