[TowerTalk] Military Mast Guys

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 23 12:50:01 EST 2016

On 1/23/16 9:36 AM, Wilson wrote:
> Good grief!
> Get some 4’ scraps of pipe or rebar and drive them in!
> Your problem will be pulling them out.  We use a tractor and boom pole at our FD!
> We also use an electric demo hammer to drive them...pretty lazy!
> If you go to dfma.org, you can see some of this happening in the picture gallery.

That works great, if you're somewhere it's legal or permitted to drive
things into the ground. There's lots of field day sites around where
they're fine with you going there, but not fine with you driving things
into the ground, or making alterations in the site (like a big parking
lot).  That's where various ballast and weight schemes are nice.