[TowerTalk] field-day mast anchoring question

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 24 13:21:10 EST 2016

On 1/23/16 9:41 PM, Gary K9GS wrote:
> I my town they are doing some road construction around the main
> intersection.  They have some temporary telephone poles in place and use
> large concrete blocks with a loop on the top to guy the telephone
> poles.  I'd estimate the block to be about 3 X 3 feet X 4 feet long.

Those are probably the same sort of 5000+ lb chunks we have at JPL.
It's probably a quasi standard thing.  They're probably the right size
to stack on a flat bed truck trailer, etc.

And inexpensive to make.

You just need a crane or forklift to move 'em around.  A flatbed truck
with a small crane would be the perfect thing to deliver and pick up.