[TowerTalk] where the condensation comes from

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 31 09:19:50 EST 2016

On 1/31/16 5:43 AM, StellarCAT wrote:
> Thanks Jim, But I’m not sure many would use 2” pipe... 3” minimum –
> and I’m thinking of 4” so the cross sectional area would reduce the
> flow/area correct?

Bigger cross section means less resistance to the flow, so more flow.  I
just picked 2" because it was easy.

Also if at the ends where it is open that opening
> is pointing down and the open face is horizontal to the ground. Any
> air across it as far as pressure is concerned will be greatly reduced
> – if anything it would be a venturi effect sucking instead of blowing
> I’d think.  Gary

It could be.. I think the take home is that if you have a long pipe, the
chances of there being a pressure differential between the ends is
pretty good, and even with a pretty small pressure differential, enough
air flows through to get a sort of slow trickle of water.